Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh my, where has the time gone?

I am a terrible blogger, it has been over 6 months since my last post. I never even got Christmas pictures up! It is now August and we are getting ready to start the school year over again. This time it's Lexi's turn to leave the mother birds nest and head to kindergarten! I don't know if I will be able to hold the tears back this time for very long, my baby is growing up. A few news updates for everyone: We have adopted a dog. Her name is Lola, she is a 6 month old mix. We think she is part pit bull mixed with something else. But her demeanor is so relaxed and sweet that we are sure the pit bull part is very minimal. Here are a few pictures of her:




And for all of you wondering who that handsome devil is pictured with Lola, that is Chris. (well, it's hard to see him, the picture is so dark. I promise to post some better ones) He and I have been dating for about 6 months now and I have to say that he is a wonderful addition to our lives. Sonny and Lexi have really taken to him and he supplies that good father figure that the kids have been missing. We have actually known each other for about 16 years, he was friends with Anne-Marie growing up, and then they lost touch for many years. One day he walked into my office to fill out an application and remembered who I was right away. Then the story goes on from there.

The kids have been visiting their dad the last 7 weeks of this summer. They have spent the last 2 weeks with their Grandparents in North Carolina and will be coming home on sunday. I have missed them terribly and can't wait to see their shining faces and to see how much they have grown since I last saw them. They went camping with their grandparents to a place called Cherokee. It's an Indian reservation, i think and one night they had real Indians teaching people how to do authentic Cherokee dances. Sonny and Lexi were shy at first, but when one of the Indian's pointed to Sonny and said "You, with the mohawk, get up here and dance". Sonny did! I was told that the entire thing was on videotape and should be getting a copy when they come home. I can't wait to see it and post it for everyone.

I promise to post more updated pictures for everyone, now that we have internet at the house, it should be easier for me to keep up.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Yay! You're back! Keep the updates coming for those of us who get left out of the loop. Miss you! Love you! And give my babies hugs for me.