Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Spider Club

I have officially been excluded from my first "club". The Spider Club. Which by the way is not a club i necessarily would like to be a part of , however, seeing at it was my loveable son who excluded me, my feelings are naturally hurt.

Sonny has a rubber spider that I'm scared of. I know, I know, it's not real, but it looks real and when placed in drawers, on floors and the bathtub, my first instinct upon seeing this thing is to jump, scream, run and find the closest bludgeoning tool to completely demolish the offensive spider. Well, rubber spiders don't smash, leading me to continue beating the poor inanimate object senseless all the while screaming "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE!!"



Well, this past saturday, Sonny was tormenting me once again with his little spider and I had had enough. I told Sonny that I was tired of being tricked, that I didn't like his spider and I didn't want it anywhere near me anymore.

His response: "But it's not real Mommy, you can't be scared of a fake spider."

My response: "I don't care Sonny, I don't like it anyway, please get it away from me."

The last thing I hear as he is stomping away to his room: "FINE MOMMY, I'M STARTING A CLUB AND YOU AREN'T ALLOWED IN IT AND IT'S GONNA BE ALL ABOUT SPIDERS!"

cue door slam and you officially have witnessed that my son is exactly like me.

God save us all.....

No comments: