Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween!

Wow, i am lazy! It's almost a week after Halloween and I still haven't posted any pictures.

Well, don't get too excited, I still don't have the pictures to post yet, but they are forthcoming, I swear!

I do want to fill you in on some cute trick or treating stories I have about Sonny and Lexi. Trick or Treating with them this year was a blast and I was happy to be able to take them. Sonny was Spider-Man and Lexi was Cinderella/a Princess. One of the first houses we walked to, an older gentleman opened the door with his wife and were telling Lexi what a beautiful princess she was.

Lexi's response: I'm not a real princess, it's just a costume.

The couple: Well, it's a beautiful costume but I bet you really are a princess to your mommy.

Lexi (indignantly and loudly shouted): NO I'M NOT, I SAID IT'S JUST A COSTUME! (angry face) Happy Halloween (said with a sweet smile on her face)

Luckily the couple had a sense of humor and got a good laugh out of her for that outburst. And I, red-faced and embarrassed, hurriedly ushered my children onto the next house.

A few houses down, another older gentleman handing out candy. As we are walking away, Sonny says "That guy was really nice" (probably due to the extra handfuls of candy he doled out) Then Lexi says "He was nice, I think I want to marry him......"

<~~~ shaking my head in utter disbelief.

I'm always amazed at the things my children say. At times, you have to marvel at the profound wisdom that they express in their thoughts and at other times, you just have to shake your head, laugh quietly and pretend that you didn't hear them...... for your own sanity

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Heh! i love it! I want pictures. Now.